Sunday, May 1, 2011

Yanni Love

Oh how I heart Yanni!

I never really knew who he was before I met Ty, but after 3 concerts, I'm a lover of flowy hair, Greek accents, and mustaches!!

It's not just his inspiring music that I love, but what he stands for.

At the concert, he spoke to the audience about reaching your dreams, having a little faith, and how humanity can overcome just about anything.

His favorite one-liner:

"Everything great
that has ever happened to humanity
since the beginning
has begun as a single thought in someone's mind
and if anyone of us is capable of such a great thought
then all of us have the same capacity/capability
because we're all the same"

Yanni rocks.

Ty and I were cracking up with all the people who kept yelling out things at him. He said it felt like we were in his living room, because it was a smaller more intimate crowd. One woman in the front row was so persistent with yelling things out, she even got herself a kiss!!

This first video is our favorite fast one - The Storm.
Begins with a sweet Cello solo and at 2:30 the intensity heats up with some violin action. Bella LOVES to dance like a crazy lady to this song.


And this one, titled "One Man's Dream" is one of my favs. He said that as young boy he would dream of doing what he's doing now. He told everyone to have a little faith and that it's never too late to chase your dreams. Love ya yanni.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!