Sunday, April 3, 2011

General Conference

What is General Conference? Click the link for details, but here is my quick version:

It's a worldwide conference held twice-yearly, broadcast from the Salt Lake City 21,000-seater Conference Center. That was a really long sentence. I once had the opportunity to sing in this conference center with the BYU combined choirs, and whoa - you gotta be in there to believe it!

It's 2 days and 10 hours total of the greatest feast anyone has ever partaken of.

The spiritual kind of feast.

I love it because it inspires change.

Some of my favorites:
On Service by Quentin L. Cook
On Parenting by Lynn G. Robbins
On Trials by Paul V. Johnson
On the Miracle of Conference by Jeffrey R. Holland

Things that stood out for me this conference.
1. My answers to prayers often come through others.
2. My parenting style needs to be patterned after the Savior.
3. My trials are refining tools for the Lord to mold me into a better person, and they often precede great blessings.

I feel blessed, uplifted, and renewed. I am so thankful for my membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!

Ok. The end. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!