Saturday, May 29, 2010

A little tongue

There's that little tongue.

Such a ham, right?

I think once your kid turns one, everything just goes sonic speed after that. I literally feel like all of a sudden she is doing things she wasn't doing like two seconds before that.

I have been pretty good about communicating to her with baby signs (to hopefully help her communicate with me)....so yeah, all of a sudden, I feel like she's getting it. It's so crazy! Just like that! All those weeks of being consistent is paying off! Terrible twos ain't got nothin' on me!! Bring it on, right?

With my prompt, she signs 'more', 'milk', 'all done', 'please', 'thank you', 'dog', 'bear'...it's so cool!! I don't know why 'dog' and 'bear' are necessary, but hey - it's fun! Who knew these little tiny babies could be so smart after a year??? I'm learning so much!!!

Bella's book updates...

Finished the barn and peek-a-boo pages!
Need to add grass and details to magnet flower page.
Magnet fish bowl page done! They went belly up! Sad.
Photo flap page done!
Next up...shapes page & beads page.

I love how Bella can put the fish on the flowers page and vice versa. My nerdy game developer husband would call this "inventive game play".

We are headed out to Utah for a Henrie family reunion and we can't wait! Bella is going to have a ball with all of her cousins! It's been almost 8 months since we moved. Wow!

Ten more days, here we come!

2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love Bella's book! Oh my gosh. Also, we started signing later with Caroline, but it is a life saver. Once Bella gets a little older, I recommend adding "help" and "I'm sorry." We still both of those (plus the words, of course, since she is almost two!). :) I was hesitant about signing because I did not want Caroline to rely on the signs and not the words, but it really does make the biggest difference. Once she started signing the words, the verbals started flowing out! Good luck with sweet Bella. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about the first birthday being a catalyst of wow my baby is growing up fast moments. Peyton too is catching on to signs finally - it is way cute! With your amazing talents, you want to make me a quiet book too? Just kidding, but it's darling! Way to go.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments!