Friday, May 14, 2010

8 kids and a shuttle launch

Our good friend Michele drove and we had a full car! Her four kids, my two kids (ty being the other), and I guess Michele and I count as kids, too - so all 8 of us kids were packed like sardines to see the shuttle launch!


It was nice to get out and stretch. Bella didn't appreciate the loud noise from the shuttle (sounded like a really long thunder), nor the long car ride back through traffic (2 hours). Good things to remember while in the car with that many kids:

1. Pee before you go. Or you'll have to do it on the side of the road...behind a tree...with mom blocking the view...then because you'll have stage fright, you won't end up going until you get home 2 hours later.

2. Bring snacks and divide them into portions. This way the children cannot eat the entire 3 lb bag of gummy bears. Okay, that didn't really happen, but just in case!

3. Bring homemade finger puppets and tell dumb jokes so the kids will laugh instead of pulling each others' hair and stealing each others' toys. Name them "Mr. Moo" and "Mr. Chicken".

4. Play "I Spy" and make sure it's your shoes that you spy, so that the people in the front of the car can never guess what it is.

5. Bring your "No Doubt" CD so you can sing over the top of the kids screaming. It's fun! Try it!

6. And finally, take lots of pictures so you remember what fun you had.

After a long drive through some thick traffic, we made it to "The Spot" with 5 minutes 'til launch time! Whew. What an amazing sight to see! I'm so glad we got to go. Thanks Michele for letting us tag along - we had a blast!

Bella figured out how to put the finger puppet on her thumb. So cute!

And for my quiet book - here's the update.


For the pink border, I sewed on one side, then did a blind stitch (I think that's what it's called) for the other side, so you couldn't see the seam. I like the way it looks, but it's more time-consuming. I finished it today on our way to see the shuttle launch! Yay!


Last week I worked on the inside where the rings hook in for the pages.

The End.

3 comments:

  1. How fun! What a cool thing to witness. Way to go on the quiet book too. I should probably get on board and make one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you bring your book so we can check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura! You SHOULD get on board! It's way fun!!! You just need someone to teach you! There's no way I could do this on my own. I don't sew. Ever. This is my first time. Get on it girl!

    Miller - I'm planning on bringing it out! Hopefully it will keep Bella partially busy on the plane. That will be the true test, right???

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments!