Saturday, May 29, 2010

My Hero

At Savanna's Band Banquet where she received the "Outstanding Progress" award - given to one female in the entire band.

I am absolutely insanely proud of my sister Savanna. Words don't adequately express it!

I have lived with this 15-year-old sister of mine again after being away for six years and it has been awesome. In only 7 short months I have watched her grow from a Pokemon-obsessed little girl, into a beautiful young woman. I am so grateful for this precious time in her life that I have to enjoy getting to know who she is and who she is becoming.

She is my hero.

I look up to her for her ability to stand up for what's right, even if it means standing alone.

I look up to her for her passion for the things she loves.

I look up to her for her willingness to overcome her fears even if she risks "falling".

I look up to her for her positive outlook on life and for sharing that cheer to all who surround her.

Thank you Savanna for being my little sister in a big kind of way. You're the best and an awesome example to me. I love you and am so proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!