Saturday, October 20, 2012

Must Eat These Daily

Applesauce Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Yeah you heard me. Applesauce.

I figured the applesauce can replace oil in a baking recipe, so why no in pancakes?

Certainly made them more floppy and less stable when flipping time arrived, but with practice and making them slightly smaller, we mastered.

Chewy, fluffy, sweet and guilt-free.

I used WW flour, but I am wanting to try a gluten-free flour for my friend who has recently gone GF (totally not by choice, cuz who would choose that, really?)

ANYWHO. Here is the recipe, adapted from a ward cookbook:


Applesauce Chocolate Chip Pancakes

MIX: 
1 c. flour
1 c. vanilla almond milk (or reg milk)

ADD & MIX:
2 eggs
1/2 c. more of milk
1/2 c. applesauce (replaces the oil 1:1 ratio)
1/2 tsp. salt
4&1/2 tsp. baking powder (don't make the mistake I did and use baking soda - You'll waste the whole batch)
1/4 c. mini chocolate chips (these go a long way, that's why I use minis. A chip in every bite!)
1/2 tsp. coconut oil (use any oil or butter, but I prefer coconut oil)



 Check out that chewy-looking goodness.


These must be good, cuz I haven't blogged in like 2 months, and these seemed worth my while...SO GO MAKE THEM! And eat them - no, deVOUR them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!