Saturday, July 20, 2013

My sweet friend's baptism

As a Latter-day Saint (aka Mormon), I believe in being baptized. 

It's an outward expression of our desire to follow Jesus Christ, whom we worship and strive to emulate. We believe that in order to receive salvation, we, like Christ, should be baptized by full immersion. To learn more about baptism, see HERE. Or just ask me :)

My friend Veronica chose to be baptized and it was such a sweet day.


She and I have known each other for almost 3 years from the neighborhood and mutual friends, and I always felt she was a really sweet, genuine person. It has been awesome to get to know her even better - she really is as genuine as she seemed!

Recently she asked to attend church with me, so we went together. She said she loved going because she left feeling like she learned something that would help her be a better person. Her eagerness and desire for improvement is such an example to me!


So I invited her to meet with the missionaries from our church, and she agreed. We met at my house a few times a week and it was so awesome!

Elder Staggs is not pictured, but he and Elder White (right) are the two who taught her. Elder Lewington is pictured on left.


I was honored to sing "Come Follow Me" with a beautiful violin and piano accompaniment. 


Many family, friends, and ward members came to support her! We all love Veronica!



These are Veronica's cute boys with Elder White and Bella.


I am so happy for Veronica and so thankful for her friendship.
We love you Veronica!


I have a testimony that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is Christ's church restored again to the earth. We have a prophet on this earth again, just like in Biblical times. God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow and He loves us each so personally and individually. 

I know that through Christ, I am blessed with a happiness which is hard to express. He's my lighthouse in the storm - my constant and steady amid this life of uncertainty. 

For this, I am eternally grateful!

1 comment:

  1. Emily that was a lovely post. Thanks for sharing your testimony.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments!