Saturday, March 31, 2012

Friends and Family

Mom is here for a week. Excitement doesn't even touch how I feel. I really miss my mom!!! And Bella misses her Grandma!!!
We enjoyed dinner and good friends on this warm-ish evening.
 
I am surrounded by good people. Blessed much!?!

 Next morning, we lounged in the tent for General Conference. It was cozy, and a beautiful day (yes, we set it up in the garage).

And between sessions, a hike.
Seriously, the weather was amazing. 
 
Lovely egg shaped stone. I wonder how many years it had spent being so beautifully shaped and smoothed. I thought of this quote from Joseph Smith,
I am like a huge, rough stone rolling down from a high mountain; and the only polishing I get is when some corner gets rubbed off by coming in contact with something else, striking with accelerated force against religious bigotry, priest-craft, lawyer-craft, doctor-craft, lying editors, suborned judges and jurors, and the authority of perjured executives, backed by mobs, blasphemers, licentious and corrupt men and women—all hell knocking off a corner here and a corner there. Thus I will become a smooth and polished shaft in the quiver of the Almighty."


 I really need to do a better family photo!
Beautiful day. I love having my mom here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!